Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Clearing the path to my art

Not the easiest of days. Three difficult conversations with three loved ones. I spent the day trying to let it go and be present with my kids. Let me be clear. I was “trying” but I couldn’t actually let anything go. Until I entered my studio. 
These were part of my studio work tonight. The Tomatoes have been bothering me for two days (probably part of my unrest today). On one hand I thought the painting was strong: good use of color, good composition, bold brush strokes, and in the other hand it was muddy and the Tomatoes were over worked. I polished it up- and still have to add paisley pattern to the bowl. I like it better now.

Also work on the summer “dock series”. Started a new one and refined one from last week.






No comments:

Post a Comment